2010 Holiday Adopt-A-Family: Can you help?
Vita contacted us recently on helping to coordinate adopting a family this year. She has done all the legwork and now we need your help with donations. It is a tough year for many, but every little bit counts! If you'd like to donate, please mention what item(s) you would like to contribute and we will cross it off the list.
We are adopting a family through Family Assistance Foundation, is a stand alone 501(c)(3) organization, which is not affiliated with any religious organization, etc. The families are all nominated by organizations, such as housing authorities, Clackamas and Multnomah County Developmental Disabilities, Head Start, etc. They do not accept self-nominated families.
Head Start nominated this family of 4 and according to their case worker, they have "virtually nothing." The mother is not working, but is attending school part-time. Currently, the father is only working part-time. They are in need of household items and are appreciative of anything that they will receive.
*** Note: Second hand items in good condition are welcome. ***
Family Holiday Meal Grocery Gift Cards: approx. $50 more worth of grocery gift cards - Safeway is their nearest grocery store, but any would work. (Family Assistance Foundation asks that donors donate grocery gift cards for the family's holiday meal, in case they have some traditional food items that they serve at holiday meals.)
Note: Donated food items are also much appreciated in addition to the grocery gift cards. (Safeway giftcard - Mary ($20) Michele)
Family Wish List:
- Pots and pan set (DONE, Trina)
- silverware (DONE, Vita)
- queen sheet set (DONE, Jen and Aimee)
- towels (DONE, Sylvia and Melissa)
- desk/small table and chair for the 5 year old to do homework
Mother's Wish List (Name - Ana)
- watch (DONE, Kelly)
- purse (DONE, Mary)
- makeup (DONE, Joan)
- Coat size - L (DONE, Sharai)
- Pants size - 11 (DONE, Sharai)
- Shirt size - L (DONE, Sharai)
- Pajama size - L (DONE, Susie)
- Shoe size - 7
Father's Wish List (Name - Rick) -
- wallet (DONE, Kelly)
- knife set
- Coat size - XL
- Pant size - 36X30 (DONE, Jen and Heather)
- Jeans - 36X30
- Shirt size - XL (DONE, Jen)
- Pajama size - XL (DONE, Susie)
- Shoe size - 9 1/2
1st Child's Wish List (Name - Eric. Male. Age - 5) -
- games (in Spanish)
- games (in English)
- blocks (Done, Anna)
- cars (DONE, Trina and Vita)
- Coat size - 7 (DONE, Sylvia)
- Pant size - 7 (DONE, Rhonda)
- Shirt size - 7 (DONE, Rhonda)
- Pajama size - 7 (DONE, Susie)
- Shoe size - 13 1/2 (DONE, Sara)
2nd Child's Wish List (Name - Adrian. Male. Age - approx. 9 months)
- learning toys (Done, Anna)
- soft books (in Spanish)(DONE, Sharai)
- soft books (in English) (DONE, Sharai)
- Coat size - 12 months (DONE, Sylvia)
- Pants size - 12 months (DONE, Rhonda)
- Shirt size - 12 months (DONE, Rhonda)
- Shoe size - 5 1/2 (infant sizing) (DONE, Sara)
NEED HELP WITH TRANSPORTATION OF GIFTS:
I keep on forgetting to request help with transporting the gifts. I have a 4 door car, but won't have enough room to transport all of the gifts in it, especially with my daughter in the car with me. I also need someone to help transport gifts to the family on Thursday in SE Portland (around SE 82nd) sometime b/w the hours of 11:30-1:30.
Donation Gathering/Gift Wrapping Event: Urban Grind NE has generously donated after hours time in order for a drop off and/or gift wrap gathering. It is on Tues, Dec. 21st starting around 5 pm and ending around 6 pm. (urbanMamas will pick up the tab for pastries and refreshements.) Donated items can either be gift wrapped before drop off or during our gathering. We will provide gift wrapping supplies, but please bring extra supplies (gift bags, wrapping paper, ribbon, scissors, tape, etc.) if you are able.
If you are unable to drop off your gifts during this event, please contact me in order to arrange a drop off date/time at my house in close-in North Portland. I can accept donations until the 22nd. Tax donation forms will provided.
Contact: Vita - firstname.lastname@example.org