Paid family leave: Five ways to help
To make our very best effort to create a paid family leave insurance program in Oregon, we need all the help we can get in the next few weeks. There are 5 key actions you can take - will one (or two!!!) work for you?
- Email your state legislators and urge them to support paid family leave! Children's First for Oregon created this simple e-mail action to make it as e-a-s-y as possible for us hassled and harried parents. Simply click here and you're good to go. Easy as pie but very important.
- Join us in Salem on Wednesday, April 8th @ 2:30 PM for the bill's Senate committee hearing. We need to pack the room to show our support. It really matters - and bringing the kids is an excellent idea. We'll have ours there! You can RSVP here, and if you want to coordinate rides, email Andrea at email@example.com.
- We need more businesses to speak up and support this bill. Do you own one? Do you know someone who does that you can ask? You can watch and share this video of an Oregon mom and business owner (and urbanMama!) over on Activistas.
- We need men to testify! Mamas, mamas, everywhere. The experts are women, the legislators are women, so we need a few good men! Any dads out there who wished they had more leave, or who watched their partners struggle with too little? Or who worked so many hours to cover their partner's lost income they never even saw the baby? If that's you or someone you know, we want to hear from you - soon! Get in touch with Parents for Paid Leave at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share a supportive quote that we can share with key legislators: why do you support paid family leave? Send it to: email@example.com.
We're close, but close isn't gonna cut it. Your help couldn't be more important.