Activistas: The Latest
Now that the state legislature's in session, we've got more to do than just talk about policy change. We're getting involved and hope you will, too. There are two bills we're especially tracking this session: paid family leave and the children's safer product act. Here's a bunch of recent posts on Activistas to keep you in the loop:
- Now's the time to tell Salem you want paid family leave: Yes you! Yes now! And after months of planning and meeting after meeting (after meeting....), we're ready to send our first round of emails to our state legislators.
- PPS Parent leadership Conference: You Going? The Portland chapter of Community & Parents for Public Schools (CPPS) is holding its 9th annual Parent Leadership Conference next month.
- 10 Americans. 10 Very polluted Americans. Let's get this ball rolling, mamas. Sign The Declaration to add your voice to the thousand of others around the country who are saying no to pre-polluted babies, no to toxic baby bottles (and everything else on the shelves), and yes to the Kid-safe Chemicals Act.
- Safer Children's products in Oregon. Sign On. Now's the time to speak up, mamas, if you want to see safer children's products here in Oregon. I know I do.
- Pinker than we think.The color of economic stimulus. In Oregon, the notion of a green economy -- once a wild and idealistic idea -- has gained so much ground as to seem almost mainstream
- Does pumping get in the way of breastfeeding? I pumped for almost a year with my first child – and hated it the whole time. I returned to part-time work and full-time school when he was 4-months old and...
We hope you'll wonder over and see what we're talking about and doing - and get active on the issues that matter to you and your family.