Part Time Personalized Jewelry Marketing Assistant needed for seasonal work (Late October through December 2010, or the 3 month period that follows your sign-on date).
An independent Southern California jewelry designer is seeking a special individual to promote her work in the Portland area. Our personalized jewelry is a specialty niche that is very attractive to moms (and women, in general) between the ages of 25-45. We have a great reputation as a small creative, innovative business. Our product sells itself fairly well and receives lots of word-of-mouth promotion amongst customers once it is introduced to our target customers. We love to facilitate this process with fun marketing by real people who love to make connections!
1. Making connections on the social media (i.e., Twitter, Facebook).
2. Casual networking at one live social event per month that caters to our target customers (i.e., a mom’s group, birthday party, baby shower - basically events you may already be attending).
3. Setting up a monthly group appointment with interested customers who would like to place custom orders in person with the designer (this is often a customer request though you would need to provide design pre-consultation to interested attendees). Group appointments can also be set up at mom/baby boutiques.
4. Participating in one sales/marketing event per month (i.e., setting up a table of designs and marketing materials at a holiday boutique event, art show, farmer's market or other multi-vendor event).
5. Maintaining a database of Portland customer email and physical addresses.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
Is fairly well connected in mom communities both in the Portland area and online, particularly with moms who value artful, higher end products.
Is social media savvy and can communicate well online without being pushy and too sales-pitchy.
Has at least 10-15 hours per week to devote to this position.
Is creative and has amazing self-initiative (you create your schedule, as long as the work gets done!).
Has a warm, fun personality.
Is comfortable with sales and marketing and can strategize a plan of action to meet weekly and monthly goals.
$500 per month plus 20% commission.
$500 is based on showing concrete proof that responsibilities have been met in each of the 5 categories above. We will help you do this will a weekly strategizing session.
Typical commission amount that results from a group appointment of 4-6 customers is approximately $200, and additional commission is can be generated from individual sales.
This is a fun opportunity and once you see our unordinary jewelry, you will see how easy it is for others to fall in love with it. This position has a strong likelihood of turning into a permanent position with added creative responsibilities. Serious inquiries only...and please, we are not looking for someone who basically wants a job. We really need someone who is creative, goal-oriented and can invest some heart, soul and inspiring energy into our lovely business and be a part of a team of other incredible marketing reps. Thank you!