Survey of Mother's Sleep & Fatigue
Participate in a study on sleep and breastfeeding mothers. This study is open to all mothers with babies 0-12 months old. We would like to include breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding women, and women of all ethnicities and income levels.
We hope to document:
- Where & how much babies sleep
- Are mothers who breastfeed and co-sleep less tired than mothers who don't?
- Are mothers telling their friends, relatives, and health care providers where their babies sleep?
- Are there ethnic group differences in where babies sleep?
- What is the role of depression, psychological trauma and difficult birth in mothers' ongoing daytime fatigue?
The questionnaire takes 20 to 30 minutes to complete and is confidential. It has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, Texas. The link for the survey is: http://neonatal.ttuhsc.edu/lact