Come play with us during our OPEN HOUSE!
Join Teacher Susan and the HFP community for a meet and greet and tour of our wonderful school.
Saturday, Feb. 9th, 2013
10 a.m. to Noon
2828 SE Stephens Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97214
Hawthornfamily Playschool is a cooperative preschool in SE Portland for children ages 3-5 that features:
- Intimate class size for optimal learning.
- Nurturing children's playfulness, compassion and connection to nature.
- Parent involvement creates community and deepens children’s sense of safety.
- Passionate, deeply engaged teacher with over 20 years experience.
Our Open House kicks off our 2013-2014 enrollment period.
Our Open House offers prospective families time to tour our school, meet our wonderful teacher, and have many of your preschool questions answered about our program! We also invite your children to join you because their reaction to HFP is important as well.
This is a great opportunity to:
- Get an overview of our program
- Meet our amazing teacher, Susan Eisman
- Get inspired by our vision
- Learn how we have created a wonderful community
- Discover if our school is a good fit for your child–and your family
Inspired by what you see & learn during our Open House?
A co-op is a unique school model in that so much of it is parent-driven. Aside from our fabulous teacher, our strength comes from families that are eager to fully participate in the HFP community. This is particularly true of HFP, given that we keep our class size smaller than most (14 students) for greater focus on each child and to create a more intimate feel to our classroom environment.
We give enrollment priority to families who attend the Open House. Please read more about our selection process
If you cannot attend the 2013 Open House…
Please contact our membership coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to tour our school at another time.
See you there!
Field tripping to Sauve Island!
Our amazing natural play yard!
Seasonally focused yummy snack!
Our sand lake!
Teacher Susan (in orange hat) , kids and pumkins!