26 posts categorized "Adventure"
June 29, 2012
At grandma's place Clark Family Center we're excited to keep your school aged kids entertained and busy all summer long!
We feature exciting field trips, volunteer opportunities, organic gardening and creative, constructive fun in our centrally located, media-free center! Plus, there's no need to commit to a month or even a week, your kindergarten through age 12 child can join us for a day, a week, a month or an entire summer of fun.
Space is limited and summer's here, so call us today at (503) 249-7533
June 19, 2012
At grandma's place Clark Family Center we're excited to keep your school aged kids entertained and busy all summer long! We feature exciting field trips, volunteer opportunities, organic gardening and creative, constructive fun in our centrally located, media-free center!
Plus, there's no need to commit to a month or even a week, your kindergarten through age 12 child can join us for a day, a week, a month or an entire summer of fun.
Space is limited and summer's almost here, so call us today at (503) 249-7533
Trinity Lutheran School is offering weekly themed summer camps for children age 3-5 starting 6/26/12. The cost is $35.00/week and classes are taught by a licensed early childhood instructor with a Master's Degree in ECE. Contact us at email@example.com or call 503-288-6403 if you would like a brochure!
March 20, 2012
Opal Creek Ancient Forest Center is the perfect base camp for exploration into the Opal Creek and Bull of the Woods Wildernesses, and beyond! Join our team of science instructors for the 2012 season of Opal Creek Expeditions, 6-day backpacking trips for 10-16 year olds!
Backpackers will climb mountains, swim in alpine lakes, and see remote areas of the forest while learning backcountry travel skills and field science methods. Expeditions travel 3-9 miles/day, so all skill levels are welcome!
- · Back to Basics, ages 10-12, July 8-13: learn plant ID, backcountry cooking, astral and compass navigation.
- · Fire on the Mountain, ages 12-16, July 15-20: study fire ecology in several stages of burn areas.
- · Peaks of Opal Creek, ages 12-16, July 22-27: study the geology of the Cascades from the tops of the mountains to the canyon floors.
- · Oregon’s Uncut Gem, ages 12-16, July 29-Aug. 3: study watershed ecology by circumnavigating the Opal Creek watershed.
- · 40 Lakes in 4 Days, ages 12-16, Aug. 5-10: study lake ecology (and swimming!) and wetlands habitats.
- · Advanced Skills, ages 12-16, Aug. 19-23: advanced cooking, navigation, and survival skills.
New for 2012: Beyond the Gate Expeditions!
- · Jawbone Flats to Desolation Canyon, ages 12-16, Aug. 12-17: compare the geology and ecology of the Western Cascades rainforest with the central Oregon plateau.
- · Opal Creek to Ochoco Mountains, ages 12-16, Aug. 26-31: analyze the unique geomorphology of the Ochoco Mountains.
Opal Creek Expeditions cost $435 per child, and Beyond the Gate Expeditions cost $535 per child (with discount for members). Visit our website at www.opalcreek.org/2012-expeditions or call 503-892-2782 for more information.
Backpacking Gear Meeting: There will also be a gear meeting for parents of registered or prospective campers to meet our program staff and discuss proper backpacking gear for children: Thursday, May 17, at 6 PM, in the Alder Room of the Ecotrust Building, 721 NW 9th Ave., Portland, OR.
February 22, 2012
Join us at Adventure WILD Summer Day Camp! Through Wonder, Inquiry, Learning and Discovery, your child will spend the summer engaged in art, science and nature activities that will inspire and captivate their senses. Maintain their enthusiasm for learning and bridge the gap between school years with us!
May 17, 2011
Creative Children’s Center, a nationally recognized early childhood and elementary school, invites children near and far to travel around the world with us this summer. Each week we will land in a new area of the world and travel through our minds to far and distant places. Weekly themes include South of the Border, Kites, Culture and Crafts of Asia, The Art of Africa, Sailing the Seven Seas, The Young Naturalist, Discover Down Under and The World of Comedy! Our engaging themes can be taken as individual weeks or combined to create a summer of advanced learning. Writing, reading, mathematical thinking, science, public speaking, theater, creative arts and geography interweave throughout the weeks keeping our academic skills sharp and fresh. Teachers and students discuss “big ideas” at morning meetings, which become the launching point for their work that day. From building model boats to making hand made kites, there will be plenty of opportunities to work in the studio as well. So, hop on the plane and join us in our travels around the world!
April 28, 2011
Harmony Montessori School offers a Summer Camp every year, from 6 to 8 weeks in length, with several enrollment options. Our summer programs always have a special theme; and we consistently place a strong emphasis on arts and crafts, nature and outdoor experiences.
We honor the child's need to be both active and relaxed, creative and engaged in this lovely summer season. We set up a fun outside environment which is always popular, and we offer field trips to beautiful, uncrowded places in nature.
April 25, 2011
Our 10 week day camp for kids going into Kindergarten through 8th grade begins June 20th and ends August 26th. Kids Community provides kids with a fun and unique summer camp experience at an affordable cost to families. Weekly sessions include:
Walk the Plank, Curtain Call, Chain Reaction, Do It Yourself, Hood to Coast, Run Away With the Circus, Enter the Quest, On your mark Get set Go!, Earth Wind & Fire, Epic Adventure
Each week features a variety of educational and enrichment activities, field trips and special guests! Extended hours from 7am-6pm, field trips and activities are included in your tuition.
Check out our website to see our Summer Camp 2011 Guide and simple online enrollment.
Top 5 reasons to choose Kids Community:
1. Best Value! We provide a unique and fun experience for each child while remaining affordable to families.
2. Conveniently located in NW Portland next to Couch Park, Downtown Portland, and public transportation.
3. Extended Hours included in the tuition for each session. Open 7am-6pm.
4. Compassionate Teachers who care about your kids and their camp experience.
5. Kids love KCLC Summer Camp. Activities are inclusive, engaging and fun for all ages.